The following rules are not taught in any business school but they will help you stay in business.
- Always seem busy. Even if it means you are busy doing nothing.
- Never appear broke to anyone. Not even your closest friends.
- Never leave any slight clue to anyone that it's a one-man business. Avoid "I", me, etc rather; use "we", "us".
- Always speak like a team leader, and not like a lone-ranger. Even as you make plans to ensure you have a real team eventually.
- NO father Christmas anywhere. There's no shame in making money. Don't be ashamed of asking for the right wage for every service you render.
- The more you work, the less you are being paid. Pay attention to other things asides work: networking, family, religion, fun etc. They would compliment your "little" work in ways you cannot imagine. Stay tuned for the rest!
The remaining four items are for you to suggest. Please leave your comments and tell us what you think about the rules listed here.